One of the most common questions we answer at the sanantoniomovingcompany.net Moving Company is “How much will it cost to move?” In most cases, the cost of moving is determined by many factors (see below). However, moving cost factors are oftentimes confusing and may not be totally revealed by the moving company you’re dealing with. So what’s the big deal? Why so much secrecy? With many moving companies that aren’t always on the up-and-up, it’s all about competition.
These companies feel that If every company were 100% up front with the cost of moving, they’d lose their competitive advantage. That’s not the way we operate here at the sanantoniomovingcompany.net Moving Company. We let you know right up front what you can expect to pay for your move. There are never any additional charges or hidden fees to worry about once we provide you with an estimate of the cost to move. By doing this, it enables you to budget and prepare financially for your upcoming move.
What type of move is it?
Probably the most significant pricing factor is the type of move you need our help with. The cost of moving is broken down based on if it’s a local or long-distance move as well as whether it’s commercial or residential in nature. As a full-service mover, the sanantoniomovingcompany.net Moving Company can handle any task associated with your move. We offer the most extensive range of moving and relocation solutions in the moving industry today. Your move will be priced according to:
- distance from the origination point to the new destination
- moving services requested such as disassembly and reassembly or furniture items, help with packing and unpacking, etc.
- number of movers needed to provide the quickest, most efficient move possible
- size of your home or office / total shipment weight
- time of year that you’re moving (there actually is an off-season and a peak season)
These are the 5 primary factors that will have the greatest impact on your cost to move.
Will there be any additional charges?
While the sanantoniomovingcompany.net Moving Company team does their best at providing the most accurate estimate possible, there is always the possibility special handling and services being needed once we’ve given you a quote. These are often referred to as “add-on services” or “special accommodations.” Anything that gets overlooked or wasn’t included in the initial estimate is an add-on service. Although these services are optional, moving companies will charge for them. Here are the most common ones:
- auto shipping
- clean-up and debris removal
- computer network set-up
- furniture assembly/disassembly
- home theater set-up
- hot tub shipping
- packing and unpacking
- piano and safe transport
- supplying moving and packing materials
- temporary or long-term storage
- transporting for specialty items
Some moving companies also add special accommodations to the cost to move. For example, if the movers have to use stairs because the apartment building you live in doesn’t have an elevator, you could be charged for every additional flight after the first.
Are you going to want moving insurance?
Another factor that will impact the cost to move is moving insurance coverage for the protection of your furniture and belongings. It’s important to understand the levels and types of protection that moving companies provide. There are 3 types of protection to be aware of including:
- Full-value protection (FVP) – holds the mover liable for replacing the full value of your belongings in the event they are damaged, destroyed, or lost while in transit. sanantoniomovingcompany.net Moving Company will repair or replace said items, or provide a cash settlement for the repair costs involved.
- Released-value protection (RVP) – while there is no additional charge for RVP, it only provides the minimum protection not to exceed 60¢ per pound per item. In other words, if your 10 pounds of stereo equipment worth $1,000 is damaged or lost, you would only get $6 as compensation.
- Separate liability coverage – this is usually offered by a 3rd party (insurance company) and augments the RVP for an additional charge which adds to your cost to move. With separate liability coverage, the moving company remains liable for RVP. However, the balance of the loss is covered by the insurer.
In the world of business, time is money. The bigger disruption to your business the more costly a move can be. Excessive downtime can cost a business a lot of money. We realize that loss of productivity is an important consideration for a business. Our team will get your business relocated to the new facility as quickly and as organized as possible so that the transition to the new establishment will be smooth for you and your employees.
To learn more about the factors that can influence the cost of your move, call the sanantoniomovingcompany.net Moving Company at (888) 274-6162 today or if you prefer, you can visit our website by clicking here.